Sunday 4 August 2013

Support Group

I have been struggling to find a support group or people who can understand psoriatic arthritis. Finally I found a group at 
http://www.livingwithpsoriaticarthritis.org/
It turns out I'm not alone!! The thing about psoriatic arthritis is that it's so rare you start to feel really rare (okay maybe I always was). But in any case it makes it hard to discuss the disease, the symptoms and the possible interventions. At least I can now do that with a group who are living with the same. What's also interesting is that the site was only started this year.

2 comments:

  1. Wow I am so happy to have found your blog. I have the EXACT same thing. Was diagnosed a few yrs ago. Still can't get the pain under control (even w meds) and am getting to the point where I can hardly walk. I would love to be able to do anything in a gym. Going to try yoga maybe. Thank you for your posts, I have felt alone in this. People do not understand what it's like to be 53 and feel like I'm 83. Hope to keep in touch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello. I don't blog often ... it's been a long, hard journey. What are you taking for the disease. I am on sulphasalazine and the rhuematologist said I don't have to go on methatrxate yet because I've had some positive improvments overall -- of course with a few setbacks. I've gone off dairy and glutin - not sure it that's helping or not or if it's the meds. I'm also on 4 kinds of tinctures from a good Chinese narturalpath who lives in my city. Love and support are so important with this disease. Have you looked at the web-site I mentioned in the blog? Everything helps a bit. It's a horrible condition - try to keep loving yourself. In solidarity.

      Delete