Sunday 15 September 2013

Going to try to travel

Traveling has always been a big part of my life. Since my disease onset (Dec 23) I haven't tried to travel along and this week I'm going to do it. I'm going to Dominican Republic for a UNWomen meeting. I'm a bit nervous about it and I've booked airport assistance for all along the way ... staying in a fancy hotel so I hope it all works out. I'm facilitating a meeting for UNWomen on challenges in Training for Gender Equality.

I've slowly been gaining more mobility and have increased and moved  to physio that allows me to actually do exercises that will strengthen my legs. Sometimes I feel like I'm learning to walk again. I've also developed coccydynia which is inflammation at the bottom of my tailbone and it hurts to sit. The positive thing is that I have a wonderful physiotherapist and hope.

I'm also off of diary and glutin and it seems that especially the absence of dairy is helping out my stomach. What a journey. What a roller-coaster. I want off.

One of the interesting things that happened this week is that I met another woman with rheumatoid arthritis - it was so nice to have someone understand what I was talking about and going through. Then tonight I opened up my blog (after a month away) and another woman who had psoriatic arthritis had replied to me. We are not alone. SUpport is SO important. 


No comments:

Post a Comment